What were paint pros reading about in 2023? Here’s a list of stories that PPC readers clicked on the most in the past year:
The top 10
- Anatomy of a Sprayer – Graco’s Dan Johnson explains the major components of an airless paint sprayer, explaining how each part works and how to choose the right sprayer for your team.
- Using Premium Products Helps Paint Pros Save Time, Do Better Work and Make More Money. Here’s Why – A rundown of the best coatings choices for walls, trim, ceiling, moisture resistance and temperature extremes.
- New Products: Choose Gallery Series™ Waterborne Topcoat for a Fast, Factory-Like Finish on Cabinets and Trim – Four key benefits for the professional painting contractor.
- Top 10 New Tools for Pro Painters in 2023 – Our annual look at the best new equipment and supplies including high-performance airless sprayers, low-pressure spray tips, advanced patching compounds, supplies to improve efficiency on the job site and more.
- Contractor Q&A: Corissa Cook Takes a Very Personal Path to Painting Success – For more than 30 years, PPC magazine has been on job sites throughout the U.S. and Canada asking residential and commercial paint pros to share their stories.
- Getting Started with Google Business Profiles – Seven steps to make sure your company shows up when clients Google “painters near me.”
- Set Your Business Apart – In a crowded market, these tools and resources can give your painting business a competitive advantage.
- Cutting Through the Noise: New Color Trend Report Gives Contractors Confidence for Color Conversations – Sue Wadden, Sherwin-Williams Director of Color Marketing, discusses the company’s 2024 Colormix® Forecast.
- New Products: Keep Wood Finishes Looking Fresh All Season Long with New WoodScapes® Rain Refresh™ Solid Color Stain – A new option in the WoodScapes product line with an advanced self-cleaning formula designed to keep vertical exterior wood surfaces looking beautiful with minimal maintenance.
- Get it Right the First Time: How to Select the Right Exterior Coating for Every Job – Paint pros and industry experts offer insights about the best coatings for five different situations that you may encounter on your next exterior job, from severely weathered siding to dealing with moisture and temperature extremes to best overall performance.
These articles from past years continued to draw lots of readership in 2023:
- Cutting-In Tips – How to ensure that your results will continue to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- From Flashing to Flawless Finish – Expert tips on how to make drywall patches invisible.
- Cabinet Refinishing: An 8-Step Guide for Pro Painters – Expert advice for transforming dated or worn-out cabinets to make any space look completely new.
- Black Spots on Walls or Ceilings? Here’s What You Need to Do – PPC’s Ask Your ProPartner™ columnist relates his own experience to answer a question about black spots on walls and ceiling.
For more than 30 years, Professional Painting Contractor (PPC) magazine has been on job sites throughout the U.S. and Canada asking residential and commercial paint pros to share their stories. You can read about them in the PPC magazine archive.