What are the latest advances in coatings and color for 2021? For the answer, we turned to the experts at Sherwin-Williams.
Changing with the times
“We asked a lot of our homes in 2020,” says Sue Wadden, director of color marketing at Sherwin-Williams. “Bedrooms were turned into classrooms, living rooms into gyms and kitchens into conference rooms. We are now more mindful than ever of how these spaces impact us both physically and mentally.”
The paints and palettes of the new Living Well™ Collection can help people live more mindfully, she says. The collection includes 11 new color palettes and two products that expand the popular SuperPaint line with added air purifying and sanitizing technologies.
Together, the Living Well Collection is an inspired mix of paints and color carefully chosen to invite a sense of comfort, style, and well-being into your customer’s home.
The exceptionally durable and trusted performance of SuperPaint® now comes with Sanitizing Technology to offer your customers an additional tool to help combat harmful bacteria on painted surfaces. And it goes on fast and easy, so you can get more done in a day.
Key benefits of using SuperPaint with Sanitizing Technology Interior Latex:
- Keeps walls sanitized 24/7: Surfaces painted with SuperPaint with Sanitizing Technology deliver continuous and ongoing antibacterial action; it continues to kill 90% of certain bacteria even after repeated contamination of the painted surface. The effectiveness lasts for up to four years as long as the integrity of the surface is maintained.
- Helps prevent the spread of certain bacteria on painted surfaces: Microbicidal paint that kills 99.9% of Staph and E. coli on painted surfaces within two hours of exposure on painted surfaces. (Staphylococcus aureus, Enterobacter aerogenes, Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecalis (VRE), and Escherichia coli)
- Provides rich, long-lasting color: Excellent durability and dependable performance will give your customer’s home a beautiful look that lasts. Available in 540 inspiring hues from the Living Well Collection.
(Note: this product is not available in Canada.)
Air Purifying Technology
Help improve indoor air quality for your customers with the trusted performance of SuperPaint with Air Purifying Technology Interior Latex.
Key benefits of using SuperPaint with Air Purifying Technology Interior Latex:
- Contributes to cleaner indoor air quality: Reduces volatile organic compounds (VOCs) from potential sources like carpet, cabinets and fabrics. (The length of time SuperPaint with Air Purifying Technology Interior Acrylic Latex actively reduces odors and formaldehyde depends on the concentration, the frequency of exposure and the amount of painted surface area.)
- Reduces common household odors: Innovative technology helps break down unwanted odors, such as those from cooking, smoke and pets.
- Helps inhibit the growth of mold and mildew: Anti-microbial agents inhibit growth on the painted surface.
- Ideal for busy spaces: Offers great hide and a durable finish that withstands frequent washings. And it’s available in 540 inspiring hues from the Living Well Collection.
The new color palettes
The Living Well Collection features 540 beautiful colors including 11 curated color palettes that showcase an inspired assortment of some of Sherwin-Williams most stunning, top-selling shades. See our story Living Well Collection: The New Color Palettes to watch videos and see a full description of each of the palettes,
For a full catalog of premium interior coatings, visit the Sherwin-Williams contractor website.