From a breakthrough coating with the power to kill bacteria to an extreme bonding primer to true washable flats, innovation is in the air (and on the wall). These new products will help make your job easier in 2016.
The breakthrough paint with the power to kill bacteria.
- Paint Shield Interior Latex Microbicidal Paint is the first EPA-registered paint that kills greater than 99.9% of Staph (Staphylococcus aureus), MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus), E. coli (Escherichia coli), VRE (Vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecalis), and Enterobacter aerogenes within two hours of exposure on a painted surface.
- Exclusive patented technology that is effective up to four years when surface integrity is maintained
- Featuring great hide and durability, Paint Shield is tintable to 550 colors in a popular eg-shel finish. Apply two coats with a brush or roller over a previously primed or painted surface.
- Ideal for a variety of settings such as healthcare facilities, athletic facilities, schools, daycare centers, senior care communities, residential housing, hospitality settings and cruise ships
Creates a super strong bond to some of the most difficult surfaces.
- High-quality, waterborne, acrylic primer promotes adhesion to hard, glossy surfaces
- Assures uniform appearance and adhesion of topcoats
- One-coat application
- Fast dry – for residential and commercial jobs
- Universal – can be used with high performance epoxies and urethanes
- Sanding may not be necessary for most clean, paintable surfaces
New Washable Flats: Emerald® and Duration Home® Interior Acrylic Latex
New technologically advanced true flat finish offers the same washability, durability, and burnish resistance as the matte or glossier sheens.
- Hides minor drywall imperfections while providing a washable, rich look
- Paint and primer in one with advanced stain-blocking technology
- Available in all Sherwin-Williams colors and custom tints
- Both products also available in matte, satin and semi-gloss
- Backed by a Lifetime Limited Warranty
New Enhanced Durability: SuperDeck® Deck Finishing System
Advanced technology results in enhanced durability to some of the products in this complete line.
- Waterborne Semi-Transparent Deck Stain will be available this spring in an enhanced formula that penetrates deeply, offering excellent UV protection and lasting defense against mildew and premature weathering. The enhanced formula now delivers this premium performance for up to three years.
- Waterborne Solid Color Deck Stain will be available this spring in an enhanced formula that will provide even longer lasting protection against cracking, peeling and weathering.
- Also new this spring: Enhanced Deck & Dock Coating, a deck restoration coating engineered to fill dimensionally unstable cracks or gaps in the wood planks, plus helps lock down small splinters and rough wood surfaces. The enhanced formula will fill up to 1⁄8″ wide cracks, and will adhere to weathered wood decking and concrete.
SuperDeck Deck Finishing System products are perfect for restoring, waterproofing, stripping, cleaning, staining and sealing. Create the impressive results your customers want – with the easy application and quick dry time that helps you get the job done faster.
New Ultradeep Bases: SuperPaint® Interior Latex
Choose virtually any color in any sheen with new ultradeep bases.
- All colors – even accents – now available
- Ultradeep base is available in flat, velvet, satin and semi-gloss
- Self-priming with excellent hide and durability
- Provides a long-lasting finish with easy touchup for all types of interior surfaces – including drywall, wood, concrete, and plaster
- Overall excellent scrubbability
- Ideal for fine quality new homes, residential repaints, and commercial buildings
- Backed by a Lifetime Limited Warranty
New Sheen: ProMar® 200 Zero VOC Interior Latex
New Low Gloss Eg-Shel Sheen hides minor surface imperfections better than other Eg-Shel sheens.
- Better overall application characteristics, burnish resistance, scrub resistance and washability compared to the Low Sheen Eg-Shel
- Provides a smooth, uniform finish
- Provides a softer appearance at all angles versus Low Sheen Eg-Shel and Eg-Shel
- ProMar 200 Zero VOC coatings provide excellent application, outstanding touchup and durability.The line contains an anti-microbial agent to inhibit the growth of mold and mildew on the paint surface
Protects metal substrates from corrosion.
- Forms a tight bond to protect against rust
- Waterbased alternative to solvent-based metal primers
- Compatible with a full range of topcoats
- Low temp tolerant
- Fast dry
Hard-wearing with long-term color and gloss retention.
- Performance of a quality solvent-based urethane in a 2-part, waterbased formula
- High gloss, high-abrasion resistance
- Versatile topcoat that can be used in a variety of coating systems on multiple substrates
Exceptional durability with a high-quality appearance.
- Tough enamel quality in a waterbased formula
- Sleek finish
- Excellent touchup and washability
- Resists yellowing
- Suitable for multiple substrates
- •Great for industrial and commercial projects where performance and appearance are critical
Versatile primer or finish coat joins the Pro Industrial family.
- Resistant to corrosion, chemicals and flash rust
- Fast dry, outstanding durability
- Early moisture resistance enhances productivity
- Target markets include commercial and light industrial
This article was originally published in the Spring 2016 issue of PPC magazine. Visit the Sherwin-Williams online product catalog for more product information, data sheets, customer reviews, how-to videos and more.